What if the source of your own calm and clear space already exists inside of you?
I started space-clearing after my second miscarriage in 1997. It was very clear to me that I needed to pare back my personal belongings so I could figure out what was going on in my life and focus on what was really important.
In the beginning it was hard. I felt like I was going round and round in circles. I’d been buying things to help me feel good about my life and the process of letting go was really hard.
Slowly, gradually I found that acquiring material things became less important to me. I found new meaning in my life. Spending time alone became a part of that.
Living in a clear space is being in a place where you can think, breathe and dream.
It all begins with you.
Your relationships with your belongings affect your relationships with people. Family, friends, colleagues, maybe your kids or your partner (if you have one).
When you clear your space, you create a foundation for your whole life. You get to know yourself, trust yourself, sit with yourself and know what’s important to you. You get in touch with your feelings and your inner wisdom. With the energy that releases you have time for yourself and whatever you want to put out into the world.
I’ve created the Summer Space-Clearing course to help you practice decluttering and clearing space in a structured but kind way. Life is busy but you have a calm, clear space inside of you and I want to help you find it.
How it works
Summer Space-Clearing is a nurturing 30 day journey into the calm, clear space inside of you that offers you wisdom, inner knowing and a foundation for the rest of your life.
- Each day you’ll receive an email from me containing a short essay on the space-clearing theme of the day, some practical exercises and a series of journal prompts that you can work on if you choose
- The first day will include a recorded video with an overview of the course so you can get the most out of it right from day one
- Each day will build on the last, so that by the end of August you’ll have created your own space-clearing practice that you can take forward and build on for the rest of your life
- Optional Facebook group for you to join for support if you wish
- You receive a bottle of Calm and Clear Australian Bush Essence to help you focus (this stuff is amazing!)
- Special gift of Neal’s Yard Remedies Calming room sprayer the first 10 people to book
The benefits of space-clearing
- Start and end your day with peace and gratitude
- Learn how de-cluttering releases anxiety
- Understand how space-clearing helps your memory
- Develop your ability to listen to yourself and your inner knowing
- Nurture yourself with the things you really love
- Know what to do when you get stuck
- Be present with your belongings and what they really mean to you
- Feel the joy of releasing things that no longer serve you
- Learn to love your space and yourself more
Registration opens: Saturday 8th July
Registration closes: Monday 31st July ( to allow for delivery)
Start date: Saturday 5th August
Duration: 30 days
Fee: £47 GBP
Booking opens Saturday 8th July
Questions and Answers
What do I need to do this course?
An email account and a computer. A journal and a pen. The commitment to spend just 30 minutes of time somewhere in your day for 30 days – or to catch up on days when you have more time.
Can I really declutter my life in just 30 minutes a day?
Yes you can! The key is to commit to reading the short essay, complete the exercises and take a short time to write in your journal.
I’m suggesting 30 minutes because that seems manageable for most people, but if you want to spend longer you can totally do that too. My guess is that by the end of the 30 days you’ll be ready to spend longer on space-clearing (if you haven’t already!)
I’ve never decluttered before, can I really do it?
Definitely! The exercises are short and simple. You don’t have to declutter your entire life all in one go. It’s designed to help you take small steps so you feel a sense of accomplishment.
I’m a hoarder, is this going to be a problem?
Part of our fear of letting go of material things is a fear of what might happen. What if you feel scared and upset? What if you just don’t want to do the exercises? I’m inviting you to spend 30 minutes a day creating more space in your life and I’m giving you things to do to help you achieve that. It’s building a platform for the rest of your life. Once you know you can clear a small space somewhere, you will trust that you can do more. All you have to do is give it a try!
What can I expect to get out of this course?
I’m hoping that when you get a feel for the freedom from clearing your space, you’ll want more of it. You might find yourself scheduling in whole afternoons just for some decluttering and clearing, with some special rewards when you get to the end. You might want to read the emails while drinking your coffee in the morning. You might prefer to read them when you get home in the evening or anytime in between. Refreshing drinks and great music are nice accompaniments to the clearing work.
Can I connect with others?
Yes, we have a private and optional Facebook group where we can share our experiences and support each other.
I’ve been space-clearing for almost 20 years of my life and I’m excited to share it with you!
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.