When I came out of the bedroom after getting dressed the other morning, my little boy looked at me and said,
“Why are you wearing your black top again mum? I like it when you wear your dark blue dress with the flowers on.”
I realised that I miss my summer dresses too. I’m not ready to come out of hibernation yet, but I know that summer will come around more quickly than I think.
A few of my friends are doing a detox for Lent. I almost wish I was doing something like that. I don’t think I’ve ever given anything up for Lent, and there they are giving up coffee, chocolate, sugar or even alcohol.
It’s way too cold!
I’m not always so great with will-power. My morning isn’t the same without a flat white, not to mention a glass of wine most evenings.
Do I have to?
Detox inspiration from TED
Last year I had a full on detox with a 10 day cleanse in February. By the end I’d lost several inches and felt incredible, but oh my goodness it was pretty tough getting started when all I really wanted to do was stay inside my cosy wine, cheese and chocolate cave!
Recently I’ve had a run of clients signing up for their first green cleanse. Every single one of them has been thinking about if for around a year and suddenly they’ve just decided to take the plunge!
Good on them!
One of my clients is extra motivated with good reason. She’s giving a TED talk! That’s given her a boat-load of determination! She’s not only completed a cleanse but she’s also working the 5:2 system using some extra cleanse products and she’s feeling amazing. I have only seen her on Skype but I can already see her weight loss in her face.
Sadly, I can’t see myself being invited to do a TED talk anytime soon so I need to find something else to get me out of hibernation and preparing for summer.
I already use Neal’s Yard Organic Greens complex in a simple smoothie to start my day. That doesn’t feel like a detox (even though it is) so it’s time to step it up a bit.
Easy does it
Here’s my plan.
Mostly painless, nothing too drastic and one or two things are even quite enjoyable.
- Reduce my alcohol intake. I’ve already stopped buying wine to drink at home and when I’m having a glass in the pub I’ve decided to ask for a small glass instead of a large one. I feel proud about this as normally I could easily drink two (or more if it’s Prosecco). My main motivation for this is weight loss. Alcohol = calories, basically.
- Cut back on caffeine. I’ve bought a few extra boxes of different types of herbal tea, all by Pukka, which is my favourite tea brand hands down. I’m drinking extra warm and spicy ones. Withdrawing from caffeine gives me a horrible headache for days. I don’t want that to happen during my cleanse so I do need to reduce it, but slowly.
- Scrub. It was this time last year that I joined Neal’s Yard so I know that all my skin-care is already super clean. I’m making the most of my Seaweed Salt scrub in the shower at the moment. It really gets my circulation going after months of wearing woolly tights and jumpers. Firming body cream helps too.
- Homeopathy. There are some great remedies for clearing the liver and bowel – Nux Vomica and Sulphur are two of the best. I’m putting myself on a course of these, plus some detox herbs.
- Sauna. I’m lucky to live near York Hall Spa in Bethnal Green. It’s very affordable and I always choose a women’s only session. It’s so peaceful and I love all the different ways that I can break out a sweat. My skin always feels so soft after a sauna, steam and Turkish bath.
If you like the idea of a lazy detox I hope I’ve given you a few things to try.
Remember, small things make a big difference to how you look and feel.
The secret is to make them a regular part of your routine.
Good luck with coming out of hibernation the lazy way.
Let me know how you get on.
Small changes aren’t for everyone.
Some people just like to drop everything (like a dress size) and really go for it!
If a small group, 2 months, get ready for summer programme sounds more appealing than 4 months of Weight Watchers, then join me on my ‘Spring-clean and Streamline in 60 Days’ programme.
IS HOMEOPATHY FOR YOU?
I can help you:Stop catching everything that's going
Have trouble-free periods
Get ready for pregnancy
Sail through your menopause
Get a good night's sleep
Have nice clear skin
AM I RIGHT FOR YOU?
When you want to get yourself sorted out you know you'll need regular treatment for a while.
With this in mind, it's important to make sure you choose the right person to work with and I know that's a big decision.
That's why I offer a free Discovery Call to anyone who is thinking about working with me.
It's easy to book your free call on my Book Now button.
Or, just call me on 07946545040 and if I can pick up, I will. Leave me a message and I'll return your call.
Tell me what's going on for you and ask me all the questions you like.
I am honest and open about what you can expect from working with me. If I'm not sure that I can help, I'll say so.
If you're in a different time-zone or it just seems easier to email, I'm happy to chat that way too. You'll find my contact form in the menu at the top.
I look forward to hearing from you!