I got so much out of my 10 day winter cleanse in February, I couldn’t wait to do it all over again this April! I was curious to find out how I’d feel this time around.
I was already drinking more water and eating and sleeping better, plus I’d decluttered my entire life like never before! Now what?
This time I’d signed up for a gluten free cleanse and was pretty excited about it.
Until I discovered that I really didn’t like the taste of the gluten free cleanse. It was slightly better with almond milk, but I felt huge resistance to every single green shake for ten days. I had to talk myself into it every time.
General resistance = negative thinking
With my resistance to the gluten free shake taking over my life, I realised that I was feeling resistance to a few other things too.
- I didn’t want to go to bed at a decent time.
- I didn’t want to get up early and do my yoga.
- I didn’t want to make soup.
- I didn’t want to go to karate.
- I didn’t want to dance.
- I didn’t want to take photographs.
All of these are things that I love to do. Where was this resistance coming from?
- Was it because I really didn’t like or want to do those things? No, it wasn’t.
- Was it because I didn’t have time? Maybe – but I can always find time for things I want to do.
- Was it because I had more important things to do? Well, I always have important things to do, but that doesn’t usually stop me.
What was it then?
Inspiration vs Routine
I realised that I like variety in my life, I enjoy many things, and I love to follow my heart, or whatever it is that is inspiring me at any given moment. I don’t find it easy to stick to a routine.
This is great in lots of ways, but it doesn’t support me. Good habits and routines do support me. When I build routines around doing things that are good for me, I get all the benefits from getting them done.
Once I understood the cause of my avoidance/resistance issues I realised that everything is a choice, and that to get back on track I needed to focus less on the what and more on the why.
Focus on the why
- Why was I doing this cleanse? To detox and recharge.
- Why do I go to bed by 11pm? To wake up feeling fresh and ready for my day.
- Why do I get up early to do yoga? To feel more flexible and focused.
- Why do I make soup? To have a nourishing home-made lunch.
- Why do I take karate classes? It makes me feel strong and empowered.
- Why do I go out to dance? To enjoy movement and lose myself in music.
- Why do I take photographs? To capture beauty in the moment and create special memories.
Writing this down instantly makes me feel 100 times more like doing all of those things, immediately!
This revelation struck me around day 5 of my cleanse.
Working on my Why!
I don’t want to go to bed! Yes, you do!
Why do I? So you’ll feel good in the morning!
Knowing my priorities, but more importantly knowing WHY they are my priorities is the key to building them into my routine.
Some of these things are daily, others are less often. I choose to include them in my routine because I know they help me to feel good and enjoy life.
IS HOMEOPATHY FOR YOU?
I can help you:Stop catching everything that's going
Have trouble-free periods
Get ready for pregnancy
Sail through your menopause
Get a good night's sleep
Have nice clear skin
AM I RIGHT FOR YOU?
When you want to get yourself sorted out you know you'll need regular treatment for a while.
With this in mind, it's important to make sure you choose the right person to work with and I know that's a big decision.
That's why I offer a free Discovery Call to anyone who is thinking about working with me.
It's easy to book your free call on my Book Now button.
Or, just call me on 07946545040 and if I can pick up, I will. Leave me a message and I'll return your call.
Tell me what's going on for you and ask me all the questions you like. I'll be honest and open about what you can expect from working with me. If I'm not sure that I can help, I'll say so.
If you're in a different time-zone or it just seems easier to email, I'm happy to chat that way too. You'll find my contact form in the menu at the top.
I look forward to hearing from you!